Dr. Guy Haug
A key player in the creation of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) for his role in:
– designing and implementing the Bologna process, leading to curricular renovation, harmonisation and attractiveness of European universities;
– initiating an d shaping an agenda for the modernisation of universities in the European Union;
– conceiving and initiating European cooperation and mobility programmes such as Erasmus, Erasmus Mundus and Tempus.
Haug is currently an adviser to the Technical University of Valencia.
He has a wealth of experience in the following areas:
– university management (in an internationally renowned French business management school) and institutional development;
– internationalisation, mobility and international cooperation for u niversities;
– assessment of policies, institutions and training programmes;
– cooperation with international organisations (EU, OECD, World Bank, UNESCO) and numerous university networks in Europe and the Americas (USA, Latin America);
– quality assurance and accreditation in Europe and globally;
– business studies, engineering courses and joint degrees.
Haug has written numerous conference papers, journal articles and book chapters in various countries and languages.
He holds a degree in Law (Strasbourg), a PhD in Political Science (Tübingen), an MBA (Ottawa) and an honorary doctorate awarded by the Higher Education & Training Awards Council in Ireland.